Archive for category photography
Digital art is a term associated with artistic works that use digital technology as an essential part of the creative or presentation process. Various names have been used since 1970 to describe this media including computer art, multimedia art, virtual art and recently placed under the larger umbrella term new media art. Digital technology has transformed activities such as photography, videos, painting, drawing, sculpture, music and sound. New forms, such as net art and virtual reality, have become recognized artistic practices. The techniques of digital art are extensively used by the mainstream media in advertisements, by film-makers to produce special effects and by photographers using digital cameras and editing software. YouTube is now helping revolutionize and exponentially expand the Digital art medium.
World News US
While Google Picasa Web photo storage offers 1GB of free storage for photos and videos, files under certain size limits won’t count towards this free storage limit. If you’re a Google+ user, photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won’t count towards your 1GB storage space. For non-Google users, the photo size limit is 800 x 800 pixels and videos under 15 minutes.
If you reach your storage limit and upload images larger than these dimensions to Picasa, Google will automatically re-size them for you so they won’t count towards your free storage limit; so in actuality your getting unlimited storage after all.
World News US
Traveling to check out the Texas beaches. Photo’s, video, info and commentary from Galveston to South Padre.
Been wanting to do this for several years; just an excuse to be a beach bum for a few months.
Nikon gave me a new D5000 and a $1,000 to do all the filming and photo’s with their camera.
Be ruffing it mostly, I’ll post photo’s, info and commentary.
World News US
Photography is a great hobby and an amazing and fun skill to learn. Taking great pictures however will take some time and experience but like everything in life keep practicing and you will improve your skills. If you enjoy taking photo’s be patient and keep taking pictures; with today’s digital cameras it doesn’t cost anything to take hundreds of pictures. The more pictures you take the better you will understand lighting and composition and the quicker you will improve your skills. Not only is photography something that can be impressive and fun but it is also one hobby which can be a great moneymaker.
If you are interested in photography here are a few tips:
1. Taking great pictures is not about the camera but about your skills as a photographer.
2. Learn how to use your camera, at first keep the camera in the automatic mode but as you gather skills and understanding start experimenting with specific manual settings you will find yourself taking better pictures.
3. Lighting is the most important element in photography it is important that you know where to position yourself in relation to a light source to be able to get the best photo. For example don’t ever shoot a subject who has his back to the light, if you do you will get a dark photo. On the other hand if you wanted the dark photo effect that would be the best way to achieve that look.
4. Use the macro mode and shoot miniature items or close-ups of any object, this will be helpful in learning to take more diversified and better photos.
5. Practice using a tripod and other stable platforms to get better focus and sharper quality photographs.
6. Use rapid shoot and shoot a lot of sports, action and moving subjects. Don’t worry about getting the perfect shot just take a lot of photos, later you can sort and identify the best ones.
7. Practice editing your photo’s, making short film clips, adding music etc. This will develop your confidence as a photographer and introduce you to film making.
8. Once you have developed the your skills it’s time to start having even more fun by buying one the newer SLR cameras that take professional photos and HD video.
Once you have developed the skills and have a quality camera; your hobby will not only be more fun and interesting but will also open you up to a world of unlimited possibilities, as a photographer, photojournalist or filmmaker.
By cj almeida
World News US