Archive for category health
Contributing Author: Anna Martin
Adopting a holistic approach to life means that your focus is directed to your mind, body and spirit as a whole. Treating the entire body, with holistic therapies, enables individuals to gain greater self-awareness and appreciation for renewed balance, health and vitality. Holistic Coaching provides the tools required to harmonize and create a more balanced, fulfilled life.
What does a Holistic Coach Do?
A holistic coach works with individuals who wish to achieve more flow and balance in their life. By exploring, and accepting, each individual’s unique attributes, experiences, creative thinking and personal requirements a holistic coach/therapist is able to guide, motivate and inspire positive life changes.
Unlike more traditional approaches to coaching, holistic coaching allows for deeper exploration and understanding of the inner interference that create emotional blocks and hurdles. In order to overcome long-standing emotional issues healing is sometimes incorporated into the holistic coaching process.
What to Expect from Holistic Coaching
Holistic coaching offers a supportive, guiding process that helps individuals understand life from a different perspective. Clients are encouraged to explore synchronicity and to work towards personal transformation on many levels. As everyone is unique, as too is the issues that may be most relevant, the holistic approach to coaching offers a person-centered experience that encourages positive changes.
• Can Soul Coaching Work for You?
• Coaching Retreats
• Is Spiritual Coaching for You?
• Using Spiritualism for Personal Growth
• Past Life Regression: Does Your Past Hold You Back?
• Future Life Progression: How You Can See Into Your Future
Many techniques and tools can be used within the holistic coaching process, and these may include Emotional Freedom Empowerment, Stress Management and relaxation/meditation exercises. Whilst holistic coaching is primarily designed to benefit the individual it can also be successfully used to bring positive change and influence to groups, teams and organizations.
Who Benefits from Holistic Coaching?
Adults who have enjoyed specific life experiences – this may include challenging personal issues, redundancy, divorce or separation and other emotional difficulties – will most benefit from the holistic approach to coaching and improving life. Understanding the importance, of the way in which the powerful combination of holistic healing and coaching can create positive changes, is a key factor in being aware of how this form of coaching can be most beneficial.
Working with a Holistic Coach
Whether working face-to-face, online or via telephone each holistic coaching session is a confidential, supportive experience that helps clients identify issues and problems and guides them to find resolution. A holistic coach/therapist is trained to be able to provide support with professional development, personal life issues, social, educational and/or emotional problems and other concerns that require improvement and clarity.
Most clients will require between 4 to 6 one-to-one sessions and may also benefit from additional support at other times, as issues are identified and explored. Commitment to the holistic coaching process is therefore important.
What Holistic Coaching is Not
Holistic coaching is not therapy. Whilst the holistic coaching process can help individuals manage weight, improve emotional well-being, help with rehabilitation and generally inspire positive thought and direction, this form of coaching does not focus on working through long-standing issues and problems. By focusing on the entire individual, however, work/life balance can be addressed and restrictive behavior patterns and habits can be rectified and improved. Fresh and inspired motivation for life will also be created, and a healthier attitude to living will become the result individuals aim for.
World News US
Food Lovers Fat Loss Diet.
Dieters eat three meals and snacks every 2-3 hours using the Fat Loss Plate with approved foods in proper portions. Most meals contain about 15 grams of protein and 30 grams of carbs and total calories vary but are never less than 1,200 for women and 1,500 for men.
Dieters are instructed to drink 12 8-ounce glasses of water daily, plus 8 ounces for each 20 minutes of exercise, the water should release 5 pounds of fat in a month. Especially for people who drink a large portion of their calories, switching to drinking water could result in a loss of 400-500 calories a day.
Exercise is also an essential part of the plan.
The Fat Loss Plate and Snacks:
Protein is the centerpiece of the fat loss plate along with fast carbs, slow carbs, and optional healthy fats. No counting calories or fat grams, but portions are controlled. There are three versions of the fat loss plate to choose from:
• Version A: 1 protein +1 fast carb + 1 slow carb (Spaghetti and meatballs with a side salad)
• Version B: 1 protein +3 slow carbs (Entree salad with grilled chicken)
• Version C: 1 protein and 1 fast carb (turkey sandwich)
One tablespoon of healthy fat is allowed per meal only with lean protein and low-fat fast carbs.
For the first five days, snacks are either one portion of a whole food such as an apple or any food that doesn’t exceed 150-250 calories. “Accelerator snacks,” which are recommended starting on day 6, must also contain at least 7 grams of protein.
What’s on the Menu?
The plan involves using the “fat loss plate” in one of three variations.
Here are the recommended foods to choose to make a healthy fat loss plate:
• Lean protein: pork tenderloin, sirloin steak, extra lean ground beef, skinless poultry breast, fish, low-fat dairy, and eggs
• Fast carbs: pasta, couscous, potatoes, bagels, English muffins, rolls, blueberries, cherries, grapes, apples, and dried fruits
• Slow carbs: artichokes, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, broccoli, eggplant, asparagus, squash, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, lemons, limes, and legumes
• Free carbs: bok choi, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, onions, chili peppers, lettuce, mushrooms, radishes, spinach, and sprouts
• Fats: butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheese, bacon, sausage, light salad dressing, nuts and seeds
Limited amounts of coffee, tea, diet drinks, and club soda are allowed.
Foods not recommended because, according to the plan, they are likely to slow metabolism: white, bleached, and enriched flours; alcohol; soda; saturated fats;trans fats; partially hydrogenated oils; high fructose corn syrup and other sugars; foods high in sodium; and most processed foods.
World News US
by cj World News US
Drink a tablespoonful of pure apple cider vinegar each day; this will help accelerate your fat burning.
Increase your metabolism by exercising or walking on a treadmill 30-40 minutes a day, 5-6 times a week. This will make you sweat, help you lose fat and inches off your waist. The reason I advocate a treadmill is because you control your exercise environment and it’s private. You don’t have to worry about the heat, rain, snow, twisting your ankle or nosy neighbors. You also control the speed and distance. You can watch TV, listen to music or just fantasize about how good you will feel after losing those 3 inches. The treadmill gives you consistency and takes away the excuses not to exercise. Walking at 3 miles per hour for an hour, burns 350+ calories and 85% of that weight loss is fat. Walking is also recommended by most doctors regardless of your weight or health conditions.
Another fat loss strategy that is extremely effective to help you lose inches off your stomach is drinking lots of water. This is a simple action we often write off because it’s so easy. Water is critical and key if you’re looking for a fast way to lose 3 inches off your stomach, it helps with fluid retention and because you have a full feeling after drinking lots of water you’ll eat less.
The average drink has 93 calories…every time you replace a drink, with a glass of water you cut calories. You do the math. Many drinks use large amounts of sugar, cutting sugar from your diet is also critical to your weight loss and health.
To summarize…. the fastest way to lose 3 inches off your stomach is to drink lots of water, take a tablespoonful of pure apple cider vinegar each day, use less sugar as part of your diet and walk or exercise regularly. The great news is if you lose 3 inches off your stomach you will have lost 20-30 lbs and you will feel like a new person. Trust me everyone that knows you will notice and compliment you. What’s most important is that you will look and feel better; your health will have improved in every way.
The good news is if you stick to this strategy you will lose the 3 inches and 20 lbs or more in a couple of months. I have researched this subject extensively, 100’s of weight loss systems, so much confusion and money being spent and yet this is the easiest, most inexpensive way that I have found to lose weight, stay healthy and still eat the foods you like.
Watch this video for more information:
Get a sexy stomach with these tips and tricks to get flat fast
The Abs Diet revolves around a dozen delicious, convenient foods called the Abs Diet Powerfoods. All you need to do is eat the acronym: Almonds and other nuts, Beans and other legumes, Spinach and other green vegetables, Dairy (low-fat), Instant oatmeal, Eggs, Turkey and other lean meats, Peanut butter, Olive oil, Whole grain breads and cereals, Extra-protein (whey) powder, Raspberries and other berries.
Yup, you read that right: You get to eat healthy protein, healthy fats, healthy carbs—there’s hardly anything you need to give up on this program. Ice cream? Sure, have it. Grilled cheese sandwiches? Yup. They’re in.
These are among the best sources of protein, fiber, and all the other ingredients and nutrients that help fight fat. In fact, they’re so good for you that they’ll just about single-handedly exchange your fat for a toned, lean body and sexy abs. You can base entire meals and snacks around them, but you don’t have to. Just be sure to follow these simple rules.
- Incorporate two or three of these foods into each of your meals and at least one of them into each snack.
- Diversify your food at every meal to get a combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
- Sneak a little protein into each snack.
A – Almonds and other nuts (with skins intact)
Superpowers: Builds muscle, reduces cravings
Fights: Obesity, heart disease, muscle loss, wrinkles, cancer, high blood pressure
B – Beans and legumes
Superpowers: Builds muscle, helps burn fat, regulates digestion
Fights: Obesity, colon cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
S – Spinach and other green vegetables
Superpowers: Neutralizes free radicals, molecules that accelerate the aging process
Fights Cancer, heart disease, stroke, obesity, osteoporosis
D – Dairy products (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Superpowers: Builds strong bones, fires up weight loss
Fights: Osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer
I – Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
Superpowers: Boosts energy, reduces cholesterol, maintains blood sugar levels
Fights: Heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, obesity
E – Eggs
Superpowers: Builds muscle, burns fat
T – Turkey and other lean meats
Superpowers: Builds muscle, strengthens immune system
Fights: Obesity, various diseases
P – Peanut butter
Superpowers: Boosts testosterone, builds muscle, burns fat
Fights Obesity, muscle loss, wrinkles, cardiovascular disease
O – Olive oil
Superpowers: Lowers cholesterol, boosts immune system
Fights: Obesity, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
W – Whole-grain breads and cereals
Superpowers: Prevents body from storing fat
Fights: Obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease
E – Extra-protein (whey) powder
Superpowers: Builds muscle, burns fat
R – Raspberries and other berries
Superpowers: Protects heart; enhances eyesight; improves balance, coordination, and short-term memory; prevents cravings
Fights: Heart disease, cancer, obesity
World News US
by John Davenport
Muscle confusion is a pretty popular topic which is spoken of often in many fitness blogs and muscle building forums. This term relates to the belief that your muscles can adapt to a particular exercise if you do it in your workouts for any regular stretch of time and that this, in turn, makes your workouts less effective. This has also been used in the marketing of various products which are claimed to be able to overcome muscle confusion and provide you with better and faster fat loss and muscle building results.
In a way, this seems to make sense. Things should get easier for a muscle if it repeats the same movement over and over again just as you, as a whole, get better when you’re doing an activity a number of times.
However, muscles don’t really adapt to an exercise. At least not by itself. Muscles can adapt to a certain movement but it is relative to the load under which they operate that they do so. Just because you run a mile 4 times each week doesn’t mean that you can now run 10 miles at a stretch without making a huge effort.
So, the notion that your muscles will somehow cease to be stimulated by an exercise just because you do it often is false. Just think of professional weight lifters. They perform the same movement in their training time and time again. This is what they want to become good at. This repetition doesn’t stop them from turning into any less strong and it doesn’t hinder their muscle growth. They just increase the weight they work with and by doing so, they gradually improve and enhance their abilities.
The idea that you need to change your workout every few weeks has little basis in real life. In fact, it can actually work against you because you’re not giving yourself time to really master a certain exercise and to develop considerable strength in it. By switching from one exercise to the other you may be settling for mediocrity and never achieving excellence in any exercise.
Should you never change your workout routine?
No, if you ever get bored with your workouts or if you suffer from an injury which makes it difficult to perform one, then by all means, make a change. However, don’t think that you’re confusing your muscles by doing so. There is really no such thing as muscle confusion.
World News US
What would losing 7 pounds of pure fat in 10 days mean to you? Maybe a huge boost of self confidence? Clothes fitting better? More attention from the opposite sex? Being healthy for your family?
Whatever the reason this article will help you reach this goal without drugs, supplements, or extreme workouts. No matter how many times you’ve tried and failed this is a proven way to jumpstart your system into burning fat fast. The reports from those that followed this regimen for 2 weeks were overwhelmingly positive. You will burn fat and feel better than ever as you re-calibrate your body and get rid of cravings.
That being said…here are the four rules you need to follow to ensure guaranteed fat burning…
Rule#1 – Eliminate all white foods – This means mainly white flour products; bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, processed coffee creamers.
Rule#2 – Eliminate all Sugar – You may think this would be taken care of by eliminating all white foods but sugar is sneaky. Sugar can take many forms but it’s still sugar. You’ll need to read ingredient labels to avoid hidden sugar This includes: high fructose corn syrup, brown sugar, confectioner’s sugar, corn syrup, dextrin, honey, invert sugar, maple syrup, raw sugar, beet sugar, cane sugar, corn sweeteners, evaporated cane juice, high fructose corn syrup, malt, molasses, and turbinado.
Rule#3 – Eliminate anything with wheat. This means breads, pasta, and many snack foods. Again reading labels to avoid any wheat product is critical to this step.
Rule#4 – Drink only water! This may seem rather drastic but look at how many empty calories you consume from liquids? The only exception is if you are a coffee drinker you may drink 1 cup of black coffe daily to avoid that splitting headache that comes from weaning off coffee…remember black…no sweeteners or cream.
So what is this regimen trying to accomplish?
Calorie monitoring is NOT the goal here. Blood sugar control is the key. Blood sugar is the key to burning fat, controlling energy as well as controlling appetite.
Following these 4 steps is probably going to cut out 95% of the simple carbs and sugar you consume which are keeping you fat not to mention causing inflammation to your arteries setting you up for all kinds of heart disease.
You see simple carbs and sugar cause blood sugar to spike, which triggers insulin to flood youir system. The insulin flooding your sysytem brings your blood sugar back down however with insulin present in our blood we DO NOT burn fat.
To burn fat blood sugar needs to be within the fat burn zone and diligently adhering to these 4 steps above will accomplish this easily.
So the question is…how bad do you want to burn fat? This is not a long term plan by any means! It is designed to recalibrate your system and stabilize blood sugar so you burn fat, and 2 weeks on this regimen will get you amazing results.
World News US
The elimination of dangerous substances out of the whole body is known as body cleansing or detoxification. People who don’t clear their own body from toxic substances are more likely to gain weight and in addition fall prey to various illnesses. Body cleansing, whenever carried out at least once or two times every three months, will add a large amount of energy to your life and may help keep you in good shape and cheerful. For everybody who is wondering the right way to go through body cleansing, then this following information may help you in cleansing your entire body successfully.
Drink plenty of water: This really is one of the easiest in addition to beneficial methods for detoxification. For everybody who is scared of taking herbs which guarantee an effective body cleanse then this particular one is available for you. Drinking at the very least 8-10 cups of drinking water per day can serve as the best detoxifier. This is primarily because; water increases your metabolic rate and helps in flushing out all of the harmful toxins from the entire body by means of urine or excreta.
Stick to a Liver Detoxification Diet: The liver within our body detoxifies toxic compounds and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes (older blood cells that contain hemoglobin) therefore it is very important that you preserve it adequately. One method to accomplish this is simply by following a liver detoxification diet. In this diet, it is advisable to stick to a diet plan consisting mostly of liquids like lemon juice and other liquids. However, while carrying out a liver detoxification diet, you must totally stay away from eating junk and fatty food items. It is because; avoiding these kinds of foods will assist you to prepare your body for the liver detoxification diet as well as help you to take advantage of the liver detoxification diet.
Undertake a colon detox: The colon is one of the most vital bodily organs within the human body as it flushes out toxins from the body. While flushing out the toxins, a number of them adhere to the colon and have an effect on its functioning. Therefore, if you need to cleanse your whole body, then a basic colon detox can also help. The simplest way to go through a colon detox is to go through it with the support of a doctor. Another easy technique through which you could have a colon cleanse is simply by drinking lots of water.
Adhere to a healthy diet: Nothing works better than following a proper diet composed of all-natural foods while body cleansing. When you genuinely wish to purify your entire body then you will need to include foods like fruits and green and leafy veggies into your diet. This is mainly because; fruits and veggies tend to be rich in fiber, which supports in food digestion so therefore, assists with purifying your entire body. Also, you should keep away from oily and packaged foods as they quite simply have a large amount of fats which in turn cause harm to your entire body.
One essential thing to remember while body cleansing is that you should not overdo it. If you do you’ll have to face the consequences as you will end up doing the opposite of what you need to achieve. Don’t forget, body cleansing isn’t a thing which you have to do every day. This is a thing that ought to be done at least one time or two times every 3 months to lead a healthy, toxin-free and cheerful life. Consequently, what exactly are you waiting around for, if you have never completed a body cleansing, it’s the time now to do it. Don’t fail to remember to see your doctor or your health and fitness trainer prior to considering body detoxification as their direction would definitely aid you in achieving the desired result.
World News US
The Affordable Care Act was signed into law on March 23, 2010 by President Obama. It is primarily health insurance reform legislation. The passage of this legislation was highly controversial. Most Democrats supported the legislation and most Republicans opposed it. Politicians, countless media spin doctors, healthcare industry participants and lobbyists shouted their opinions about the legislation both before it was passed and continue to do so afterward.
In reality, while the healthcare law is not perfect, it does address many issues that have needed to be addressed for decades. There are some aspects of the law that can and should be improved on and there also are many healthcare issues that still need to be addressed, especially dealing further with the quality and cost of healthcare.
Most people have an opinion about the new healthcare law and many strongly support or oppose it, yet few people have any idea about what the law includes and why they really should be in favor of or against the law. It is time for Americans to stop listening to the talking points of the politicians and self-appointed media pundits and the spin and misinformation they are spewing.
Healthcare now represents over 17% of the American GNP and it is increasing every year. Hundreds of thousands of people work in insurance companies dealing with healthcare, yet not one of them actually provides healthcare. Countless others in hospitals and doctors’ offices are handling paperwork using paper processes that have barely changed in the last fifty years. We have the best healthcare in the world for those that can afford it, yet millions of Americans get little or no healthcare. Americans spend billions of dollars every year on diet plans, yet the average weight of Americans increases every year, resulting in epidemic levels of diabetes, coronary and other diseases and medical conditions, resulting in escalating healthcare costs. Medication developed and manufactured by American pharmaceutical companies is priced significantly higher in the U.S. than in other countries.
Medical errors made by doctors, nurses and other medical professionals are one of the leading causes of death and injury in the U.S. every year. In many cases, best practices are established but not followed. Malpractice insurance costs are too high, yet if your family member suffers injury or death due to medical errors, are you ready to have a law capping your ability to take legal action? Americans can buy almost anything across state lines, but not health insurance. Millions of unmarried heterosexual couples cannot include their partner in their health insurance plan. Countless families have been wiped out financially due to serious illnesses either not covered or insufficiently covered by medical insurance, or because they could not get health insurance.
The Affordable Healthcare Act addresses some of these and other problems, yet there is much the law does not address, or that is inadequately addresses. Congress still has much to do regarding healthcare. Are they up to the challenge?
In employee satisfaction surveys and employee opinion surveys employees are asked their opinions about and satisfaction with employee benefits they receive from their employer. Most employees across many industries are saying their health insurance costs are escalating much too quickly while their coverage is being cut back. For many employers and their employees, annual increases in health insurance costs have averaged 15% – 25% and more over the last few years due to actual increases in medical costs as well as insurance companies increasing premiums in anticipation of the healthcare legislation.
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office says the new law will actually lower healthcare costs over time. Many people agree with them and many others disagree. The majority of people have formed their opinions with little or no knowledge of the healthcare legislation.
Following are the key provisions of the Affordable Healthcare Act. This is information Americans should know about so that they can make their own, informed decisions about the healthcare legislation and what needs to be done going forward.
Effective as of January 1, 2011
– Insurers are prohibited from excluding pre-existing medical conditions (except in grandfathered individual health insurance plans) for children under the age of 19.
– Insurers are prohibited from dropping policyholders when they get sick.
– Insurance companies are prohibited from imposing lifetime dollar limits on essential benefits, like hospital stays in new policies issued.
– Insurers are required to reveal details about administrative and executive expenditures.
– Insurers are required to implement an appeals process for coverage determination and claims on all new plans.
– Dependents (children) will be permitted to remain on their parents’ insurance plan until their 26th birthday, and regulations implemented under the Act include dependents that no longer live with their parents, are not a dependent on a parent’s tax return, are no longer a student, or are married.
– Insurers are prohibited from charging co-payments or deductibles for Level A or Level B preventive care and medical screenings on all new insurance plans.
– Individuals affected by the Medicare Part D coverage gap will receive a $250 rebate, and 50% of the gap will be eliminated in 2011. The gap will be eliminated by 2020.
– Insurers’ abilities to enforce annual spending caps will be restricted, and completely prohibited by 2014.
– Adults with pre-existing conditions will be eligible to join a temporary high-risk pool, which will be superseded by the health care exchange in 2014. To qualify for coverage, applicants must have a pre-existing health condition and have been uninsured for at least the past six months. There is no age requirement. The new program sets premiums as if for a standard population and not for a population with a higher health risk. Premiums are allowed to vary by age, geographic area, and family composition. Out-of-pocket spending is limited to $5,950 for individuals and $11,900 for families, excluding premiums.
– The Medicaid drug rebate for brand name drugs is increased to 23.1% (except the rebate for clotting factors and drugs approved exclusively for pediatric use increases to 17.1%), and the rebate is extended to Medicaid managed care plans; the Medicaid rebate for non-innovator, multiple source drugs is increased to 13% of average manufacturer price.
– A non-profit Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute is established, independent from government, to undertake comparative effectiveness research. This is charged with examining the “relative health outcomes, clinical effectiveness, and appropriateness” of different medical treatments by evaluating existing studies and conducting its own.
– Creation of task forces on Preventive Services and Community Preventive Services to develop, update, and disseminate evidenced-based recommendations on the use of clinical and community prevention services.
– The FDA is authorized to approve generic versions of biologic drugs and grant biologics manufacturers 12 years of exclusive use before generics can be developed.
– The Indian Health Care Improvement Act is reauthorized and amended.
– The President will establish within the Department of Health and Human Services a council to be known as the National Prevention, Health Promotion and Public Health Council to help begin to develop a National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy. The Surgeon General shall serve as the Chairperson of the new Council.
– Indoor tanning services are subjected to a 10% service tax.
– Enhanced methods of fraud detection are implemented.
– Medicare is expanded to small, rural hospitals and facilities.
– Medicare patients with chronic illnesses must be monitored/evaluated on a 3 month basis for coverage of the medications for treatment of such illnesses.
– Non-profit Blue Cross insurers are required to maintain a loss ratio (money spent on procedures over money incoming) of 85% or higher to take advantage of IRS tax benefits.
– Companies which provide early retiree benefits for individuals aged 55–64 are eligible to participate in a temporary program which reduces premium costs.
– A new website installed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services will provide consumer insurance information for individuals and small businesses in all states.
– A temporary credit program is established to encourage private investment in new therapies for disease treatment and prevention.
– Insurers will be required to spend 85% of large-group and 80% of small-group and individual plan premiums (with certain adjustments) on health care or to improve health-care quality, or return the difference to the customer as a rebate.
– The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is responsible for developing the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation and overseeing the testing of innovative payment and delivery models.
– Flexible spending accounts, healthcare reimbursement arrangements and health savings accounts cannot be used to pay for over the counter drugs, purchased without a prescription, except for insulin.
Effective by January 1, 2012
– Employers must disclose the value of the benefits they provided beginning in 2012 for each employee’s health insurance coverage on the employees’ annual Form W-2’s.
– New tax reporting changes come into effect which aims to prevent tax evasion by corporations and individuals.
Effective by January 1, 2013
– Self-employment and wages of individuals above $200,000 annually (or of families above $250,000 annually) will be subject to an additional tax of 0.5%.
Effective by January 1, 2014
– Insurers are prohibited from discriminating against or charging higher rates for any individuals based on pre-existing medical conditions.
– Impose an annual penalty of $95, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, on individuals who do not secure insurance; this will rise to $695, or 2.5% of income, by 2016. This is an individual limit; families have a limit of $2,085. Exemptions to the fine in cases of financial hardship or religious beliefs are permitted.
– Insurers are prohibited from establishing annual spending caps.
– Expand Medicaid eligibility; individuals with income up to 133% of the poverty line qualify for coverage, including adults without dependent children.
– Two years of tax credits will be offered to qualified small businesses. In order to receive the full benefit of a 50% premium subsidy, the small business must have an average payroll per full time equivalent (“FTE”) employee, excluding the owner of the business, of less than $25,000 and have fewer than 11 FTEs. The subsidy is reduced by 6.7% per additional employee and 4% per additional $1,000 of average compensation. A 16 FTE firm with a $35,000 average salary would be entitled to a 10% premium subsidy.
– Impose a $2000 per employee tax penalty on employers with more than 50 employees who do not offer health insurance to their full-time workers (as amended by the reconciliation bill).
– Set a maximum of $2000 annual deductible for a plan covering a single individual or $4000 annual deductible for any other plan (see 111HR3590ENR, section 1302). These limits can be increased under rules set in section 1302.
– Creation of a new voluntary long-term care insurance program; enrollees who have paid premiums into the program and become eligible (due to disability or chronic illnesses) would receive benefits that help pay for assistance in the home or in a facility.
– Employed individuals who pay more than 9.5% of their income on health insurance premiums will be permitted to purchase insurance policies from a state-controlled health insurance option. If the employer provides an employer sponsored plan but the individual earns less than 400 per cent of the Federal Poverty level and could qualify for a government subsidy, the employee is entitled to obtain a “free choice voucher” from the employer of equivalent value to the employer’s offering which can be spent in the exchange to buy a subsidized policy of his own choosing.
– Pay for new spending, in part, through spending and coverage cuts in Medicare Advantage, slowing the growth of Medicare provider payments (in part through the creation of a new Independent Payment Advisory Board), reducing Medicare and Medicaid drug reimbursement rate, cutting other Medicare and Medicaid spending.
– Revenue increases from a new $2,500 limit on tax-free contributions to flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which allow for payment of health costs.
– Chain restaurants and food vendors with 20 or more locations are required to display the caloric content of their foods on menus, drive-through menus, and vending machines. Additional information, such as saturated fat, carbohydrate, and sodium content, must also be made available upon request.
– Establish health insurance exchanges, and subsidization of insurance premiums for individuals with income up to 400% of the poverty line, as well as single adults. The subsidy will be provided as an advanceable, refundable tax credit. Refundable tax credit is a way to provide government benefit to people even with no tax liability.
Contributing article by: Howard Deutsch
World News US
Who on the earth does not want to look and feel young? Many people use artificial anti-aging products to look young. But they are all temporary. Though these products may make you look young, they definitely will not be able to make you feel young. If beauty products available in the market do not help, then what will make you look and feel healthy? Here is the answer ? stay healthy.
Young mind and body are the result of healthy lifestyle. A healthy mind and body are always active, and are not influenced by age. Healthy body leads to fresh thoughts making the person feel younger. Healthy mind and body project a fresh and livelier look, no matter what your age is. Here are few tips which make it possible for you to look and feel younger for life time.
Drink enough water
Water is the basic essential to human body. The cells in the body live only if they have water. It also cleans away all the toxic and wastes from the body, making it pure and problem free. Water helps in transporting the nutrients throughout the body. Due to all the above activities, all the body cells remain alive and perform better, thus making the skin look younger and body feel lighter. Dead cells make the body look dull. Hence, it should be seen that the body is never deprived of the water. One should drink at least 6-8 glasses of water each day.
One should exercise daily in order to maintain a fit body. A body which is physically active is always young and lighter. It is projected out both physically and mentally. Exercise also makes the body prepared to deal with any kind of pressures, as it improves the psychological wellbeing. It enhances the mood, making a person look happier and attractive. It also helps to maintain the body in a good shape.
Kicking out bad habits is as essential as embracing healthy habits. Smoking is one of the most commonly seen bad habits. Smoking impairs the functioning of all body organs and kills the cells in the body. It makes the person inactive and dull. Smokers look much older compared to their age. Smoking is one of the main factors that cause wrinkles on the face. Hence, smoking is a disastrous habit and should be avoided in order to look young and healthy.
Quit alcohol or drug abuse
The other major important step in making yourself healthy is to quit alcohol or drug abuse. This habit results in all the negative effects and possible illnesses in the body. They destruct both mind and the body, thereby destroying the life on a whole. If one needs to be healthy, these addictions have to be seriously prevented. Alcohol and drug abusers become physically weak. Drug or alcohol abusers do not focus on personal grooming as their main focus will be only to abuse drugs.
Maintain proper diet
A healthy body needs proper diet. It is very important to have a correct and balanced diet. That means your routine diet should have all the necessary nutrients in adequate quantities. Your daily diet should include fibers, minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. A balanced and healthy diet is a combination of vegetables, fruits, cereals, beans, dairy products, meat, fish etc.
The above mentioned tips, when followed regularly, lead to a healthy body. Unlike, the artificial anti-aging solutions, maintaining a fit body by eating healthy and exercising is the best way to remain younger forever.
World News US